I have been slow to cotton on to the joy of the kale salad… Such a robust leaf is capable of not wilting in your packed lunch, being sturdy enough to carry filling accompaniments with ease. Not to mention the fact it is super dooper healthy to the max. You can add whatever you like to kale, feta cheese, nuts and seeds of any sort…
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 bunch kale – use how much you like
- Olive oil and lemon juice mix to taste
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup toasted almonds or pumpkin seeds
- Tear the kale leaves from their woody stems. Take a handful of leaves at a time and chop them into thin strips. Place the sliced kale leaves in a colander and rinse well with water.
- Place the washed and well drained kale in a large salad bowl. Add the olive oil and lemon juice mix to the kale and massage the mixture into the kale, this helps to “wilt” the kale. Make sure all the kale is coated.
- Chop the avocado into cubes, pile it on top of the dressed kale leaves. Sprinkle the sunflower seeds, nuts and cranberries over top as well. Serve immediately for best results but it’s also good eaten later or the next day in a packed lunch.