ONLINE YOGA COURSE FOR WINTER RESILIENCE
A 12-week online yoga course for winter health. Explore gentle, effective yoga and natural health practices to support your immunity, respiratory health and more. Specifically designed to empower, motivate and support your physical health, mental wellbeing and lift your spirits during the winter months.
Course Registration Is Now Closed
Course Started: 8th December 2021
Cost: £250 per household
Yoga and simple natural health practices offer powerful and yet really gentle methods to support your mental, physical and emotional health during the winter season. This online yoga course will guide you through each week of winter, supporting you with safe and appropriate practices and inspiring ideas to strengthen, fortify and uplift you during the darkest months of the year.
Banishing the Winter Blues
Together we will vanquish the winter blues, support your immune system and learn practices to improve your breathing, posture, movement habits and quality of sleep. Recent research shows that practicing yoga regularly (that is once a week or more) for more than 8 weeks, yoga can improve immune function and reduce inflammatory markers. This course is designed to encourage that regular, enjoyable practice that improves health at a fundamental level.
This online yoga course is open to everyone, although if you have an ongoing ailment or movement restriction it is good to check with your doctor to see if gentle movement is appropriate for you (it generally is better to move that to stay still in most cases). Remember you are responsible for your own movement throughout the course.
Comprehensive, Inspiring and Supportive
What is included in this online yoga course?
Access to support, inspiration and transformation!
- Over 20 hours of yoga classes, relaxation, meditation, breathing and general yoga tips. These are accessible on-demand, throughout the 12-weeks, in the course section of the holistic yoga website. Divided into sections so you work with the current themes
- 6 live Zoom Q&A and short practice sessions with Julia (ask questions that come up for you around the yoga classes, advice on adapting the practices). Recorded and uploaded in the course portal.
- 6 live Zoom Interviews with Natural Health practitioners giving simple advice for supporting your health holistically during the winter months. Q7A for live participants. Recorded and uploaded in the course portal.
- 6 short .pdf guides on natural health in winter on the following topics: nutrition, herbal medicine; breathing and energy techniques; EFT; homeopathy and sound healing techniques.
- 3 Newsletters: Early Winter; Mid Winter and Late Winter. These outline the themes that we’ll work on in the three sections of the course. Dates of the live Zoom calls will be here for you to add to your diary.
- Weekly Emails with recipe ideas, suggestions for practice, encouragement and support.
- A community of fellow students that you can connect with within a private discussion forum in the course portal that only course participants have access to. Share recipes and ideas, support and cheer each other on through this unique and uplifting process.
- 3 free passes to the weekly Zoom yoga and somatics classes on the Holistic Yoga timetable.
- Additional resources, further reading: books, articles and videos to further your understanding of natural health and yoga practices for health and well-being.
What Topics are Covered in the Course?
Part 1: Early Winter
Create Calm & Strengthen Immunity
How to Breathe Well
Online yoga videos to self assess and improve your breathing, safely and enjoyably.
How to Sit Well
In Winter we tend to sit more. Online videos to help you sit well (in the car or at a desk) as well as yoga classes to improve your sitting posture.
Natural Health Fundamentals
2nd Dec: Interview with Nutritionist Vanessa Alves, support your immune and respiratory health 16th Dec: Interview with herbalist Sara Zanone
Part 2: Mid Winter
Empowering, Balancing & Uplifting Your Whole Being
How to Stand Well
Online Yoga videos to improve your standing posture, and therefore your overall physical and mental health.
How to Balance Well
Learning to balance helps to strengthen your core muscles (hint, your core is more than your abdominals). This work helps to build confidence and alleviates joint and back pain.
Natural Health Fundamentals
Cranio-sacral osteopath and EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique practitioner for balancing energy, improving breathing and dealing with stress and overwhelm.
Part 3: Late Winter
Deep Rest, Mobilising Joints & Refining Movement
How to Move Well
Improve your walking gait, mobilise stiff joints, understand your movement habits and patterns.
How to Rest Well
Yoga practice videos for improving sleep, deep relaxation practices that calm your nervous system
Natural Health Fundamentals
Sound Healing for nourishing the nervous system. Homeopathy for preparing for Spring
*Exact topics and interviews may be slightly changed.
Although you can access the main yoga classes and teachings at a time to suit you, you’ll be guided with live Zoom meetings, a short weekly email and a monthly summary of practices and ideas to try.
Online Yoga Course for Winter Resilience – Move Through Winter with Ease
Effective, easy, yet little-known practices
that bring comfort, calm, happiness
and balance into your life
Course Registration opens: 14th November 2021
Course Starts: 8th December 2021