I used to like this made with brown rice, but it is healthier, tastier and quicker to make “cauliflower rice. Try it!!
For two generous portions:
1 smallish red onion
1 head cauliflower
1 fresh tomato cut into 8 segments
2-3 of teaspoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
Some sea salt
2 smoked mackerel or fresh mackerel fillets grilled
Generous serving or chopped parsley and or coriander leaves
2 boiled eggs
1. Put the eggs onto boil; if using fresh mackerel put them under a hot grill
2. Chop the onion and cauliflower to a fine “rice like” consistency in a food processor (don’t use a blender).
3. Melt the oil and add the spices and salt, then fry the onion and cauliflower and tomato segments on a low heat for 10 minutes (it depends how cooked you like your onion)
4. Flake the fish and stir into the cauliflower “rice” along with the parsley and/or coriander
5. Serve into two bowls; with one boiled eggs in each sliced into quarter; season with black pepper and a squeeze or fresh lemon – mango or Mrs Balls Chutney goes well with this dish!
If you like this article, please share it with your friends by clicking on one of the buttons below. Thank you!