(for two portions, adjust according to your appetites)
1 banana mashed
1 medium carrot finely grated
3/4 cup of porridge oats, gluten free preferably
2 tablespoons of broken walnuts
2 tablespoons of freshly ground linseed
1 1/2 cups of milk (plant, or organic dairy, avoid semi-skimmed) or water
1 tablespoon of shredded or desicated coconut
1 tablespoon of maca powder
2 tablespoon of goji berries, dried apricots, raisins
Sprinkling of cinnamon
Optional toppings: fresh or frozen blueberries, cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds, a drizzle of local honey.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana until almost smooth. Place it into a medium pot.
- Peel the carrot. Using the fine grate hole on a box grater. Place the carrot into the pot with the banana.
- Add the oats, milk or water, walnuts , linseed, coconut, maca, goji berries (or dried fruit) and optional dash of salt into the pot. Stir well until combined.
- Set over medium heat and cook the oats uncovered, stirring frequently and reducing heat if the oats stick to the bottom, for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the oats are softened and the mixture thickens.
- At the end of cooking, stir in the maca powder and cinnamon to taste.
- Serve and enjoy with your desired toppings.